So you dragged yourself up from bed after barely enough sleep and you wonder just how you’ll make it through the day? Or perhaps through the week? Well, you’re not alone and I must confess I know exactly how you feel most days.
Considering how tough it is to stay on track, and how tempting it can be to take the easy way out and just go with the mood of the day (unfortunately, we wouldn’t get anything done that way); How do we ensure that we do not lose our momentum more than half way through the year? And that we achieve everything we set for ourselves this year?
Just remember that each moment you’re still in the race is already a victory.
Here are 5 easy tips to help you keep the momentum and stay motivated;
- Make a habit of waking up an hour or 2 earlier everyday – Avoid having to rush through your morning routine and starting the day without a plan.
- Visualize your day – not just the tasks, but the time & resources needed to accomplish each task.
- Cultivate Positive Mental Attitude using affirmations – These affirmations will not just help you develop a positive mental attitude, but also boost your self confidence and motivation!
- Eliminate or reduce distractions & interruptions – Set out some time each day when you will allow no interruptions from people or technology.
- Self Reflection – At the end of each day, dedicate some time to reflect on what you accomplished or didn’t, and things you could have done better. Cultivate a habit of gratitude.
Remember that being a work in progress is a victory too! So celebrate each day as it comes. Have a productive week!