February is more than just the month of love, it’s also the; Heart Health Month which makes it a great time to make sure your ticker is ticking properly.
We’ve all heard it:
Change your diet, maintain a healthy weight, be physically active, quit smoking, go for your annual check-ups.
These may seem small, and you may ask yourself if this advice can really help you improve your heart health? The answer is YES!
Making small changes in your daily routine can add up to big benefits and help you live a healthier and longer life.
Here are some simple tips for a healthier heart;
- Be active – move more, sit less.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Eat whole grains for natural fiber & vitamins.
- Take less salt – you can substitute with herbs and spices instead.
- Eat healthier fats like in avocados & fish.
- Surround yourself with loved ones as much as possible.
- Find an activity you love, it’ll keep you young.
- Go for regular checkups.
In a heart health check-up, your doctor will check your risk factor for heart disease and help you minimize or manage them. Some of these factors include:
- Blood pressure
- Family & medical history.
So invest in yourself this love month by making your heart health a priority.
Happy Heart Health!